Clear, concise, well-formatted content is key to educating and engaging citizens of any municipality. CivicPlus Best Practices are based on industry usability experts (i.e., Jakob Nielsen, Usability.gov, and HowTo.gov) and emphasize ADA compliance.
Most Common Content Edits
During the content development phase, your content will be pulled from your current site, edited for basic grammar, and reformatted for web usability. Frequent edits include:
- 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Ph: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Fx: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- St., Ave., and Blvd. (no other street identifiers) are always abbreviated unless used in a paragraph.
- Email addresses use “mailto” links; the name of the person (or department) is the name of the link.
- Menu and navigation items are alphabetized.
- The words “city," "county," or "town" are never capitalized unless they are stated in that entity’s proper name (ex: “the City of Manhattan” or “the city”).
- Clip art and stock images should not be used in content.
- Hyperlinks to documents open in a new window.
- Hyperlinks to all other links (internal and external) open in the same window.